Global competition leads to a considerable shift in the distribution of the world economic power, and the need for innovation as a vital driver for sustainable growth is now evident.
In recent years companies realise that the interconnection between the pioneering creativity of designers and engineers complemented by innovative business models has the capacity to set their next competitive advantage.
The strong research-led culture of the academic environment must be attentive to the needs of industry and markets and must promote new knowledge synergies.
In this context, the IDEA project (InterDisciplinary Education Agenda, an essential driver for innovation) finds its roots.
• To effectively bridge the gaps within the knowledge triangle and support current efforts of industry to cope with global economic challenges
• To strengthen academy-industry collaboration in the domain of innovation and to emphasise the role of HEIs in the knowledge triangle
• To improve student employability and strengthen the capacity of HEIs in meeting labour market demands for innovation
• To stimulate and motivate innovative integration and knowledge synergies of engineering, design and business disciplines within a wide range of projects and industries.
Specific Project Objectives:
• To Modernise the multi-disciplinary Innovation Culture in Israeli HEIs through new synergies among the disciplines of engineering, design and business involving industry
• To create tools and methods to establish a common framework and language between educators and students from different disciplines and to equip them with the skills and attributes needed to work in interdisciplinary environments
• To establish institutional operational mechanism to enhance the knowledge triangle performance and academyindustry collaboration.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.